Sunday, August 7, 2011

Week 2/Weekly Progress

In class we were instructed to convert our videos all to the same codec using the program mpeg stream. This was to (in theory) make it easier for Final Cut Pro to recognise and render videos. Because if our videos were all different file types and codecs it would slow Final Cut Pro. However when I put my downloaded movie into mpeg stream it wouldn't convert my video, saying it couldn't find the codec. Will Tinapple suggested putting it into Garage Band to reconvert it, unfortunately no such luck.

It wasn't until I went home and downloaded mpeg stream onto my own computer (using the windows version as opposed to the macs) that I was able to encode my videos.

During the second part of class we had to import our videos into Final Cut Pro. Then as a part of our first class task we had to rearrange the clip, change the opacity of the top clip, add a second video track and flip it vertically, then rendering it into a quicktime movie or .mov file.




But because of my in class encoding problem I didn't do this until I got home, but instead of using final cut pro I used Sony Vegas Pro 10.0

No comments:

Post a Comment